Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why do we backpack?

We also come out here to learn about ourselves. The biggest prize in long-distance hiking is the gift of time. Time to look. Time to think. Time to feel. All those hours you spend with your thoughts. You don’t solve all of your problems, but you come to understand and accept yourself.
—CINDY ROSS, Journey on the Crest, 1987

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely quote. I wish I was more of an outdoorsy person so that my kids could be. Time to think and accepting yourself sounds pretty good.

    Thanks for stopping over to my place today. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Congrats you just won the $25 Kroger Gift Card! email me your mailing address!!

    mplutui@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think being out there would allow for so much reflection and peace. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the reason why people backpack is to get away from it all and experience the world. Not to worry about everyday life and most of all... Enjoy the fresh air :)
    I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.
    ShowMeMama

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way when I take long walks on the beach. YOu have some really beautiful photos! Thanks for stopping by to enter my giveaway. I'm you newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete